Monday 1 December 2008

Our So Called Advent Blob - Day 1

Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat, although we probably shouldn't tell it that in case it has personal image problems and gets really upset.


Anyway, it's December and time for the kids (and a number of so called adults who should really have grown out of that sort of thing) to open their advent calendars and spoil their breakfast with early morning chocolate (of course, in my day, you didn't get chocolate, just a small picture of a Christmas thing, moan, grown, yawn), or to receive a small gift. This year, Lachlan and Calum have each got a nice Thornton's chocolate calendar, and they have a Lego one to share. So that you too can share in this joy, I am going to try and blog every day (it'll never last) with a picture of the calendar which you can click on to see the exciting Lego item for the day. The first day's item can be seen by clicking the picture below.


NB Vikki thinks this is a rubbish idea. Please let us know in the comments if you like it or not, so I can decide if it's worth continuing.





I tried to set up an image map but it didn't work - not sure if that's because I got the syntax wrong or if blogger doesn't like that sort of thing but I'll play around with it and see if I can do it for tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jen said...

What's rubbish? Posting every day? 'Cos I think the idea is pretty cool; maybe, and here's a thought - you can post once a week showing the pieces. Then, it won't be such a burdeon to you to get the posts posted.

Wah-lah!

[So, is that Lego piece going to hit me over the head now with its big clubbie-thingy (and you wonder why I constantly lose at WordScrapper)? Seriously, I'm sober. Really, I am. Only 2.5 beers so far. . .]

Vikki said...

I just thought our readers might not have the same love of Lego as Iain has! The clubbie thing is either a turkey or chicken drumstick. Perhaps that gives you a clue to what today's pressie was? Hopefully Iain will blog tonight and you'll find out!

shanksi said...

Is today's pressie a complete turkey or chicken drum kit? I can hardly wait to get home to find out.

Jen said...

Vikki ~ you do have a good point. :)

Ian said...

I think it's a great idea. I look forward to your continued advent adventures. And it's a turkey leg. Clearly.