Tuesday 9 December 2008

Oliver Postgate (1925 - 2008)


Today I mostly have been wearing my Clangers t-shirt in honour of Oliver Postgate, who passed away today. I absolutely loved Noggin the Nog, Bagpuss, Ivor the Engine, and most of all The Clangers when I was growing up - it was amazing to realize later that they were all created by the same person. What's more, I'm very happy to say that The Clangers have stood the test of time. I have watched Clangers DVDs recently (yes, we own one) and, in marked contrast to The Banana Splits, it remains excellent viewing today. It's also been great to see that Lachlan and Calum have enjoyed watching it too. If you're not familiar with Postgate's work, seek it out - I think you'll enjoy it.

3 comments:

Ian said...

Wow. I am very familiar with his work, but had never heard of the man himself. That's some legacy he left though.

Fi said...

May he rest in peace.
I agree, the Clangers was genius...along with all of his other work.
Fi...xxx

Alex said...

Ivor the Engine is brilliant! RIP