Friday 3 August 2007

One for the ladies

My dear husband bought me a present last week which may be of use especially since he insists on dragging me up hills every weekend. It's a SheWee. I've got to say I do recommend it! I've tried it while in the shower, and I know I should try it with clothes on but I can't bring myself to do that yet. It will come in handy up Ben Nevis I'm sure since I can't keep it in for 7 hours like I did before now that Shanks #3 is getting bigger. Everything is going well so far with the pregnancy and the bump is surprisingly small so far. People keep saying it must be a girl because of this. I think it's more likely that I'm smaller because I started from a size 10 rather than a 14, it does make a difference! It's bound to be a boy. So now I'm going on our first holiday with my parents, sister, her boyf, (and Iain & the boys of course) without the aid of alcohol. Wish me luck...

8 comments:

Ian said...

That looks a little uncomfortable. Do you have to keep it attached the whole time or do you plug...actually forget it, I don't want to know.

Vikki said...

You just stand there and hold it! It made me think that this must be what being a man is like for a brief few seconds ;-) I had never seen my pee out in front of me before (too much info, sorry)

Vikki said...

Forgot to mention earlier but it's our 11th wedding anniversary. That is 'steel' apparently. Iain bought himself a new camera to celebrate.

Ian said...

Happy anniversary! Steel, eh? Nice. Is it a stainless steel camera?

Anonymous said...

Love the Shewee, the name alone makes me snigger like a 10 year old.

I remember one time coming off the Cuillins when Fi got her bum in the bracken only to be made aware very quickly that there were a bunch of climbers on a distant crag with a very good pair of binoculars.

I think I got the blame for that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Alex!! Bizarre idea but actually very handy...if you'll pardon any puns that come fom that comment! Have some major concerns about the recommendation for gliders...I'll be looking up from now on!!
We've been such slackers on the blogging front that we didn't even know about Shanks #3. Congratulations to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh and belated congratulations also on your wedding anniversary. We've just celebrated our fourth so we feel very young at this point! :-)

Alex says the steel beam is in the post!

Jen said...

I have mixed feelings about this leetol contraption. On the one hand, I'm completely scared. But. On the other hand, I'm completely fascinated! And since the husband and I are heading towards Jackson Hole in September for some hiking ourselves, I'm thinking this may not be a bad idea. . . Not at all . . . . .

How do you clean it after you use it to carry it further with you? Or is that a gross question?