Tuesday 14 August 2007

Cow Hill-abunga, Dudes

In the afternoon after we got to Fort William I decided to leave everyone else to get on with cooking tea and go for a run as part of my training for the Aviemore Half Marathon (despite my good intentions, this turned out to be the last run I managed to do for a whole week which is a bit of a set back but shouldn't be a major problem). I decided to follow the track up Cow Hill which sits between the town and Ben/Glen Nevis. It's a tough wee hill for a run but it felt good after being stuck in the car for so long.
The next day, we decided to all go up to the top and see the views which were pretty good although partially obscured by low cloud. Unfortunately, it was a last minute sort of thing and we didn't take any bribes for the kids, so they moaned a lot - even lots of splashy puddles didn't cheer them up that much.
Anyway, here are the photos - some of them are from my run and some from the walk. The smaller ones are from my phone so the quality's a bit iffy.

3 comments:

Ian said...

Love the one of Lachlan refusing to look at the camera. Fantastic strop!

Unknown said...

Wow - who's that pretty long-haired girl in the photographs?

Only joking! Great pictures. Can I have a copy of the panoramic view one. See link below for our efforts.

Hope all's well. I was about to say that I'll ring tomorrow for Lachlan's birthday but Dave tells me blogs aren't for such information. What can you do? I am a blob virgin.

Speak soon, love Amy xx


http://picasaweb.google.com/DavidBedford123

shanksi said...

Nice photos Amy. There are a few I think I'll download and pretend they're mine. I particularly like the one of the ghosts looking at Fingal's Cave. I'll try and send you a bigger version of the panorama.

Hopefully I'll get the blob up to date soon with the rest of our photos.