Saturday 7 July 2007

What on earth were we thinking?

Towards the end of last year, Vikki and I decided it might be a nice idea to have another baby. Well, one thing led to another and I'm happy to say that we're expecting a little bundle of joy in January. Vikki had a scan on Friday and I'm pleased to say everything looks fine (correct number of limbs etc) although I'm slightly disappointed it's just one (Vikki is very relieved by this). Lachlan has taken the news well but Calum is upset about not being the youngest (in a complete turnaround from not wanting to be the baby of the family).
And this solves the problem of what Vikki's going to do when both the boys are at school.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ian said...

Fantastic news! Congratulations! Can you tell what it is yet? Girl hopefully...? There may be too much testosterone in your house already.

As a middle child, Calum has my sympathy though.

Jen said...

That is absolutely fabulous news! The wee-leetol-new-one couldn't have better parents! I mean, I know I don't know you all, but your friends of the Morrison's and if your blog is only 1/10th of what you both are, then all your children couldn't have had better parents! Congratulations!

I loved being the middle child!

And, yes, as Ian asked, do you know what sex the baby is? Inquiring, if not nosy, minds want to know!

shanksi said...

Thank you both for your kind words.
The sex of the baby will probably remain a mystery until the birth - it's too early to tell, I don't think we'd be trying to find out anyway, and Grampian NHS have a strict policy of not telling you (probably in case they get sued if they get it wrong). Vikki thinks it's a boy and mothers are really good at guessing these things - they get it right pretty much 50% of the time.