Sunday 1 July 2007

A. This

It's my green cone kitchen waste disposal unit, the latest addition to my home composting arsenal, which we got really cheap through the local council who are desperate to reduce landfill because of various European directives. Sadly, it's not actually operational yet because it needs to be partially buried in a hole, a bigger hole that took a lot more digging than I'd appreciated. And my hand's sore. And I'm tired. And I've got other things to do. Saving the planet will resume shortly.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ian said...

That's cool. I could use one of those. I don't think our council is progressive enough to offer them, even their recycling effort is a bit half-hearted..."OK, we'll take your paper and plastic, but not your glass!"

shanksi said...

Well, give me a couple of months to get it up and running, then speak to your council and they can fly me over there to give a talk about it - they'd be bound to listen then.

Ian said...

They probably would. Wasting money on jollies does seem to be their thing. Of course, usually it's jollies for them, so they may fly 28 people to look at it in your back garden instead.