Sunday 28 October 2007

It's that time again!

British Summer Time ended in the wee small hours of this morning. I've better things to blog about today, so I'll just refer you, dear reader, to my previous blog entries on the subject (1, 2).



Anyway, it's almost Hallowe'en and the kids got dressed up for a disco. As could have been predicted, the vampire teeth couldn't be found, and I'm not really sure why Sully should have a human skull inside his mouth (Calum seemed to think it made sense), but the boys seemed happy with their costumes and had a fine time by all accounts. We'll probably have to go out begging guising on Wednesday. I just hope the weather's better than last year when it absolutely chucked it down.


And once Hallowe'en's out of the way it'll be time for bonfire night. Like last year, I got the dubious honour of making the guy's head. Not finished yet, but here's a picture...


After the kid's disco, we dropped the boys off at Vikki's folks (where they got to watch Lindsay Lohan in Herbie apparently) and we went to visit Dave and Carole, which was good fun. We got a bit drunk (well, Vikki stayed completely sober and I drank quite a bit so we averaged out at a bit drunk), chatted, listened to music (a selection of Dave's favourites including Aphex Twin, LCD Soundsystem, and Sparks) and had a wee shot of Dave's new PS3 (as expected I spent a lot of time crashing cars and pointing the wrong way). All good fun, and the much deserved hangover didn't even materialize.

7 comments:

Ian said...

Ah, another games console sadly exiled to the corner of the study. When oh when will our better halves realise that they're designed to be in the living room, on the big telly?

Vikki said...

Actually Dave's console is in the corner of the living room. Not on the big telly though. Perhaps Dave can explain why (if he's lurking! Hi Dave!).
Our lowly games console is in the kids playroom not our living room cos it is for the KIDS. Not 35 yo men. Carole agrees with me I think. The big telly is for watching Corrie on. I don't really see the attraction of playing PS. When the boys ask me for help they slag me off for being rubbish, so I'm demoralised about the whole issue... Now if any of you had Sonic* on the Sega Megadrive I might be able to show off ;-) *the platform version.

PS I'm amazed Iain wasn't hungover on Sunday he seemed to drink a pint of beer every 10 mins for 4 hours.

Jen said...

Thomas' XBOX 360 started in his "own" room. I wanted it in the room with the big TV. But he wanted it to himself. Then, it finally came out to the big TV. Now, it's made it's way to our bedroom, where he can play a game or two before bed.

It's awesome! I'm all for game console's!

Dave Morrow said...

Top evening - Iain's beer guzzling prowess was certainly impressive. I've got my little games corner to give me something to do when Carole watches "her" stuff. Although she is more of a River City girl rather than Corrie :-)

And gaming isn't just for kids you know. It provides vital life skills. Who you going to turn to when the Zombie virus breaks out and you need ninja sword skills? Huh?

Vikki said...

Have you got a ninja sword then Dave?

ooer missus ;-)

Dave Morrow said...

Hehehe. That made me chuckle :-)

shanksi said...

More of a wakizashi than a katana, so I've heard.