Monday 22 October 2007

I'm afraid that I was very very drunk at the time

It feels strange not to have been out for a long run over the weekend. For the first time in a couple of months, I haven't had a training plan to follow and no great incentive to leave a nice warm bed. Also, I woke on Saturday morning with a very slight hangover, and would probably have felt the same on the Sunday except that I slept longer. The reason for all this revelry? My dear sister-in-law Amy has recently got engaged to The Daviator and they came up to show off the ring celebrate the happy event with us. This meant dinner at Vikki's folks on Friday night (fish and chips from The Bay), and Sunday night, and a nice meal at The Carron on Saturday night, along with suitable amounts of alcohol (I'm told that I drank three very large measures of brandy on Friday although I can only remember the glass being topped up once). It was all good fun, although Dave was a bit disappointed about the rugby, and the Grand Prix. The girls are busy sorting out venues, dresses, and all that sort of thing. I'm going to keep a low profile for a while.
Enjoy the photos:




5 comments:

Ian said...

Congratulations to Amy. When they get Married will she be taking his name? Amyiator sounds quite cool.

Jen said...

I love engagements! & weddings! How fun! Congratulations to Amy and the families!

Vampire teeth! Made me laugh!

Also, congrats on the awesome finishing time for your 1/2 marathon! I can only "dream" to do so well! It's inspiring. . .

Vikki said...

I am just recovering from an intense two-day wedding dress hunt round Aberdeen and Banchory. We found the dress today! Just as well cos it will now be made in the US then get shipped over at the end of February. Amy wants to get married mid May next year so she's cutting it fine. We don't even know yet if it will be in Scotland or Yorkshire. I'm hoping for Meldrum House Hotel which happens to be where Iain and I had our reception 11 years ago. It's one of the best venues around these parts.

shanksi said...

Vampire teeth? Don't know what you're talking about.

Thank you. I'm sure you'll do great in your 1/2 marathon. You'll need to go running with Thomas on his bike so you can pretend you're Rocky. Humming the Rocky or chariots of Fire themes are great for running as well.

Jen said...

Ooops! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make fun of Lachlan's "natural" teeth. I love that they're pointy and vicious looking - that's perfect for when he'll be a teen. . . .

Maybe I'll just stick those tunes on my iPod, so I don't seem like the total fool singing to myself.