Monday 29 October 2007

Burn o' Vat and Wedding Venue Nosiness

Yesterday we took the boys on a trip in the car since it was too nice a day to go swimming, and Iain wasn't hungover. Nobody was car sick which must be a first for the Slug and North Deeside roads. Iain's workmate Andy had mentioned going to see the Burn o' Vat so we thought we'd copy him. Have a look at some photos:


The walk in the woods and the spectacular geological feature were pleasant enough but I think the boys' favourite bit was the fancy piece at the Ramoir Garden Centre in Banchory on the way home.

Since we were in the area we took the opportunity to have a nosy at the Glen Tanar Ballroom. This venue was suggested for my sister's wedding to the Daviator and we were suitably impressed. We are on tenterhooks here waiting on Amy and Dave to decide where the wedding will be as it could be here or Yorkshire but the bride's side are definately pushing for Scotland. Cos we're traditionalists, nothing to do with it being cheaper and easier for us! Maybe we should have an online poll of all the venues so our readers can choose the venue for them. I'll keep you posted cos I'm sure you're very interested. Or is it just me?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Another fantastic hike! Loved the pictures!

Vikki, I can't get over how little you still are for being 28 weeks along! If I/we ever decide to have wee little one's, I want to look as good as you do!

shanksi said...

It was a good one - nice and short as well so the boys didn't complain too much.
If anyone's interested in more photos of Burn O' Vat, there are quite a few on flickr (including some by Andy)and a pretty cool one on Dave Morrow's site.

Andy Cameron said...

More of a summer one, but the walk round Loch Kinnord departing from the same car park is a nice one too - bit longer but nice and flat for the kids, and plenty of picturesque places for a picnic stop.

Vikki said...

Aww thanks again for the compliments Jen. I've just got back from the midwife and everything is fine. She measured the bump and had a very strong feel on my tummy and says the size is right for the dates so that's a relief. I guess I'm small cos of the exercising - I'm going to hydrofit twice a week which is aerobics in the swimming pool! It's me and the pensioners!