Friday 22 February 2008

Things are looking up



I have recently finished reading The Cloudspotter's Guide by Gavin Pretor-Pinney, a Christmas present from my dear sister-in-law, Amy. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this charming and informative book. Although I still can't remember and identify the ten basic cloud types, let alone their various species and varieties (hey, at least I know know that clouds can have varieties and species), I've found myself looking at and appreciating cloud formations considerably more than previously. There is possibly a thin line between Cloudspotting and Daydreaming which I may cross from time to time, but that's OK - I think my life's better for it. Unfortunately, my phone camera doesn't really have the resolution or the depth of colour to capture great cloud photos but these two aren't too bad. I really like the wavy one:

1 comment:

Ian said...

That's pretty. Sounds like an interesting book, but as I can't remember what day it is, I doubt I'd have much hope at 10 kinds of clouds.

I got a free 6MP camera recently, which I've taken to leaving in my car to avoid using my crappy cellphone camera. Haven't had an occasion to use it yet.