Friday 7 December 2007

Xmas tree fun with some TV watching

Last weekend we went to get our Xmas tree (and one for my folks) from the Forestry Commission at Tyrebagger north of Aberdeen. It turned out that the boys didn't want to go so Iain and I had a nice drive ourselves. We met our friend Alex and had a nice long chat about the v quick arrival of his baby son (got me a bit worried!) and Iain continued stalking Dan who also works for the Forestry Commission. On the way back we were a bit squished in the car - it's lucky we are both so short or we wouldn't have managed it. The boys did enjoy dressing the tree and it is always nice to look at the handmade decorations they bring home from school. It got past bedtime though as we had to wait for Iain to saw the bolt thing out of the stump of last year's tree before we could put this year's one up. That is a job that is getting done in January this time! So we finally finished it the next day. Then I adjusted it when the boys were at school. Here are some photos:

6 comments:

Ian said...

Hope the weather doesn't get any colder if you can't fasten your coat. Nice work on the tree. We're not doing one this year, since we're leaving on the 20th and back on the 6th. Bah, humbug!

Vikki said...

I understand - you can't be caught out with that twelfth night bad luck!
I think I'll have to borrow a size 14 coat from my Mum if the weather deteriorates.

Jen said...

Awesome pictures! But I'm not sure what you are talking about on Ian's blog. . . something about being "blob"? ! What?! It's just 'baby' is all. . . no blob about it!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Vikki said...

Honestly Jen, if I posted a video of me now you'd get a big laugh! It's things like I waddle when I walk and get puffed out going up the hilly streets of Stoney. Also I can't bend over so if I drop something when I'm on my own I have to squat in a most unattractive fashion... When I sit on the sofa in the evening I do NOT want to get up again! Happy Holidays to you and your family too! I feel very festive actually now that the Xmas cards are posted and the tree is up!

Alex&Fi said...

Bah Humbug indeed!! Isn't the 6th the last day? We've had ours up for a week now. In fact I think I'll blog it tonight!!Fi...xxx

Ian said...

The 6th is the 12th, but I'm not stepping off a plane and taking decorations down, so I would risk a serious 12th night violation.