Friday 21 September 2007

Oh, the Irony of it.

Yesterday evening, I had a couple of glasses of wine because:
Possibly because of the wine, I neglected to push the little lever that allows the hammer on my alarm clock to strike the bells, thus creating enough noise to wake me up in the morning. As a result, I woke up about an hour later than usual and had already missed my normal train and would have been really struggling to get the later train, so Vikki suggested I take the car to work. Having the car also made it a bit easier to get to football at lunchtime so I drove there as well.

I was on my way home (in my car) when I heard on the radio that this week has apparently been European Mobility Week, and that commuters were being encouraged to leave their cars at home.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Well, duh. Everyone knows it's European Mobility Week. And we all shouldn't be driving.

Okay, okay. . . I wasn't really thinking that. I was; however, thinking more along the lines of "Murphy's Law." You know, 'cos the one time you take the car to work, you're reminded from the powers that be that you are not supposed to be driving.

So there.

Ian said...

You hate the planet!

Heard the Dons looked pretty good. The important thing was always to not conced one at home as I remember from our proper European adventures. Any chance over there you reckon? Sadly I was in Dubai and they didn't show it on any of the airport tellies.

shanksi said...

I have a horrible feeling we'll get gubbed in Ukraine, but then again, I thought we'd get beaten on Thursday as well. It was a pretty good performance - probably deserved a win but couldn't quite finish it off. Can't believe that Dubai airport didn't show it.