Sunday 9 September 2007

An affa fine birthday

As a special birthday treat, Vikki got to look after the kids while I went running in the woods. Earlier on, she'd been to the hairdressers to get a nice hairdo to go with her new glasses, and I took her dancing in the evening, but a full hour looking after Lachlan and Calum was clearly the highlight.
The running and the dancing were part of the "affa fine Stoney Stomp", run and ceilidh. It was a tough 7 mile run in hot sun which I managed in about 64 mins. The last 1/2 mile or so was all downhill and turned into an almost uncontrolled gallop past the finish line. Well done to everybody who took part and a big thanks to the organisers and marshalls, and also to Christine who ran with me for a bit and kept me going when the legs felt like quitting. The ceilidh was good fun and we even managed to win some mugs in the raffle.
Click below to see the pictures...
2007-09-08 Stoney Stomp and Vikki's Birthday

4 comments:

Nikki said...

love the new haircut Vikki. and the new specs too. Happy Birthday.

Ian said...

Happy birthday Vikki! I like the new look too.

Jen said...

Vikki, you look fabulous!

Happy Birthday!

Vikki said...

Thanks everyone for your compliments! I'm really pleased with the glasses even though my Dad said they were like Nick Robinson's (BBC Political Editor off the news). At least I'm not bald like him! My hair is back to normal though cos I don't have the time to straighten it like I always get done at the hairdressers.
It was a good birthday this year, but the ceilidh would've been more fun with the help of some wine... I know, I know, it was my choice to get pregnant...