Tuesday 5 June 2007

Where have all the carrots gone?

As reported a wee while ago, I planted some tatties, some carrots, and some onions in the garden.
And everything started growing well: three nice rows of appropriate shaped leaves sprouted out of the ground and were looking pretty healthy. I even allowed myself to feel a little bit pleased with myself and started looking forward to those tasty vegetables.
Then, this evening, as Vikki was cutting the grass, I noticed that the little carrot leaves had gone. Gone! Not just nibbled away a bit, but gone. All except two had completely disappeared without trace.
Any explanation or advice would be gratefully received.


4 comments:

Ian said...

I reckon your wife is sabotaging you for making her cut the grass.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a bit harsh! I don't mind cutting the grass, but I won't touch the compost heap so Iain has to empty the cuttings for me. Our compost heap has a mouldy bit of carpet on top of it and it freaks me out.
I think rabbits have had the carrots...

Ian said...

Wouldn't rabbits leave evidence?

We've thought about a compost heap, but I don't think our garden's big enough to hide it away somewhere.

Jen said...

I'm with Vikki. I think it's the wabbits.

Compost heaps are a load of work or at least that is what I've learned from watching entirely too much HGTV (Home & Garden TV for you Scots out there).