Sunday 1 February 2009

Magnus's First DIY Projects

 My brothers are very untidy - they're forever leaving things lying around. Well, I thought we should try and do something about it, so I grabbed my screwdriver and got to work.

 Here, I've just about finished putting together a shelf to put up in the play room. The shelf is to hold Wii and PS2 games, and keep them neat. I've been told I have to put it up out of my own reach, which sounds impossible - I might just have to sub-contract that job to dad, although who knows when he'll get that done.

Talking about dad, here he is, helping me attach some castors to a big bit of chip-board. Why, I hear you ask. Well, the idea is that Lachlan and Calum can use the board to build Lego models and that sort of thing on, then, when they reach the end of the day, the whole thing can be rolled under the bed and out of the way - hopefully this'll lead to less stuff being left on the floor of their rooms, but we'll have to see how it works. Bye bye for now, from Magnus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Magnus
Hope you have a great day & that you'll get lots of tools of your own
Janet & Angela
xxx

Fi said...

Happy Birthday Magnus!
Great idea about the Lego board on castors. It may just help to avoid the most painful thing on earth....standing on a piece of Lego!
Fi...xxx

Ian said...

Nice work Magnus. I didn't think you'd start getting screwdrivers for your birthday until you had kids of your own, but Happy Birthday anyway.

Jen said...

First dishwashers and now castor boards! You've got an Engineer in the making . . .

Happy, happy birthday Magnus! I hope it was a great one!

shanksi said...

Thanks for all your kind birthday wishes.