Friday 2 January 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, Everybody!
OK, it's a bit late but we've not been at home much. We spent most of the last couple of days over at Vikki's folks which was great fun - especially as they agreed to stay in on Hogmanay so Vikki and I went down to watch the fireballs. A number of our friends and family were swinging, so we made our way down to the harbour at the end to wish them well - there was much hugging, hand-shaking, kissing, and handing round of hip-flasks. A great way to start 2009. 
We took some photos, but as usual with the fireballs, they were mostly rubbish. Using the video mode seemed to work slightly better, but all the videos were almost ruined by some woman shouting near the camera (I wonder who that might have been). 
On New Years Day, we all (despite protests from the kids) went for a walk up to the war memorial and round past the harbour. We also set up Vikki's parents new WiiFit which was pretty good fun, especially as I was given a WiiFit age of 31 and branded a "muscle legend", to great hilarity from all present for some reason.
Today, Vikki and I were running in the Lumphanan Detox 10K which was really good - a friendly event, interesting course with hills, icy farm tracks, and great views of snow covered hills. Even better, both Vikki (52:08) and I (53:20) got PBs. 

For what it's worth, the best of the pics and videos are here:


2008-12-31 Hogmanay 2008

7 comments:

Ian said...

Happy New Year! Great videos, though I can't believe you said that about Morris on the video. How rude!

Ian said...

Oh, excellent domestic on the Kathleen video too.

shanksi said...

It's amazing what other people say when they don't realize they're near to someone with a camera recording them.

Vikki said...

Remember I'd had a bottle of fizzy wine before this...
You mean about Maurice not swinging the ball? Well I thought a few of them were being a bit lazy. But maybe they were just waiting for the people in front to go so they didn't crash in to each other. I also thought that Iain wasn't putting the sound on these vids!! He likes embarassing me :-(

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you on the PB's - I am working on distance rather than pace just now (just back from a 15.2k training run in 89 minutes) - No way i would be able to keep up with either of you 2 at the mo!

shanksi said...

I'm not sure I could run 15K at all at the moment, so well done to you. We need to start building the distance soon - Vikki's got the Inverness half in March, then we're both getting ready for the Highland Fling where speed won't be an issue.

Fi said...

Too funny! But I do enjoy the annual photos of the fireballs...we must make a plan to come up one Hogmanay.
Fi...xxx

Oh and Happy New Year to you all!