Monday 20 October 2008

Well done, Vikki - another PB

Phew. What a weekend.

I was fair shattered and I didn't even run a half marathon, unlike Vikki who completed her first in approx 1hr 55min (yes, that is quicker than me!).

We went up to Aviemore on Saturday morning and took the boys (except Magnus who stayed in Stoney with Vikki's mum and dad) to Landmark where we all had fun on the water coaster and climbed the big tower and watched the squirrels. We camped at Rothiemurchus which was really nice - a fairly peaceful camp site with nice clean toilets and showers. We went to bed expecting to either freeze to death or drown in the middle of the night, but were lucky in that the weather stayed reasonably mild and dry.

Our friends, Pete and Eifiona were staying at the same place in their VW camper and were kind enough to cook up some porridge and tea for us in the morning. Eifiona was also running in the half marathon and got an excellent time as well. Looks like I've got some serious training to do in the next couple of weeks to keep up the high standards being set round here.



Click on the picture below to see all the pictures...
2008-18-10 Aviemore

4 comments:

Jen said...

That castle is just striking! I'm so fascinated by them, b/c they certainly are not commonplace over here. Always interested in a bit of history. . .

Well done Vikki! I'm so envious and proud of you! When is the next 1/2 marathon?

Ian said...

Well done Vikki, fantastic. Hope you managed a couple of pints of the Cairngorm Brewing Company's finest.

Vikki said...

Thanks guys! I'm pleased I did it but it was tough going. My running partners Richard and Eifiona left me behind at 8 miles and eventually finished a minute ahead of me. (Well done R + E for brill times!) We did the first 6 miles in 52 mins which was a bit too fast cos I spent the next 7 miles getting slower! So the next race is the Lumphanan Detox 10k on Jan 2nd. Then Edinburgh Marathon Relay at the end of May. Next half marathon might be the Highland Fling Race as a relay in April. Google that one and see what Iain wants us to do!!
Ian I didn't have any beer but I did enjoy some fizzy wine on Sunday night. Also quite a few pistachios and crisps.

Fi said...

Well done Vikki! I just found out my friend Elsabet is coming over from South Africa to do the London Marathon in April! I am so in awe of you running folk.
Fi...xxx