Wednesday 1 October 2008

New Photo Stitching Tool

In the past, I've used a tool called AutoStitch to create panoramas from multiple photos. It's a nice wee tool, producing pictures such as the one below....

 

But today, I found out about Microsoft's Image Composite Editor (thanks Andy C and lifehacker.com) which I used to produce this....

 

The results look pretty similar to me but the ICE seems a bit slicker and is easier to use as well as having some nice looking features, so it'll probably be the one I'll use in the future.

Hopefully, the family Shanks will get out and about to take some new photos worthy of the stitching treatment sometime soon.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ian said...

Ooh, new toy. Looks cool. I'll have to give it a go. Lifehacker.com rules

Fi said...

Must give it a try...we've used Stitch before too. Not sure if Alex even has a camera with him but I feel a scenic walk coming on when he gets back!
Fi...xxx

Jen said...

I'll have to check this out. . .

Alex said...

Yep, I've always used Autostitch, in fact the last two banner photos on our blog were done with it and I really like it for it's speed.

I'll definitely be checking out the MS offering, thanks for the tip.