Wednesday 4 June 2008

Imminent Utopia?

The coast between Stonehaven and Aberdeen is often blanketed in haar, which sometimes makes my commute a slightly spooky, fun trip (I have a fairly vivid imagination when I need it) especially when something interesting suddenly appears out of the mist. Last year, for example, I spotted a herd of buffalo. Seriously. And I've since seen them in full visibility, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hallucination.


Even stranger, last night I looked up from the book I'm reading to see a sign in the middle of a field which read "Imminent Utopia". I've no idea what that's all about but I'm hoping that maybe the village of Brigadoon is about to make an appearance.

4 comments:

Ian said...

Must have been disappointing when the next stop turned out to be Dyce.

Fi said...

Was the nest stop Dyce???!!!

shanksi said...

I was heading home, so the next stop was actually Stonehaven, the "Utopia of the North East" as it has never been known.

Jen said...

Um. I'm superiorly confused.