Monday 17 March 2008

Happy Birthday To Me


Thanks to everyone who left a "Happy Birthday" comment. It's very much appreciated and I raise a glass to you all. Not just figuratively either - who'd have thought Hungarian Pinot Grigio would be this good? We just had a wee bit of cake this evening since we were out for dinner at The Marine on Saturday which was very nice. I got some nice gifts - some running shorts, a gorillapod for the camera (used to take this photo), a new book, and a box set of 5 CDs of The Fall, one of my favourite bands of all time. Yay.
Vikki got a new Paul Frank/Lego t-shirt. On my birthday. What's all that about?

6 comments:

Vikki said...

It's cos the Lego website was having a sale. When we blog about Calum's birthday on the 22nd you can see what else we ordered.
Can't wait to listen to all 91 tracks in the Fall box set I gave you...

Jen said...

'cos Vikki gave birth to your 3 sons. That's why.

I'm just sayin'.

Birthdays spent with family are the best of all! Glad it was a good one!

Dave Morrow said...

Oops! I forgot to say Happy Birthday yesterday!

Happy Birthday :) Good result on The Fall boxset.

Ian said...

It looks like most of your cards are about either football or drinking. What a strange impression folks must have of you.

shanksi said...

Jen: I guess a t-shirt is a pretty fair reward for mothering three children. Since it was in the sale.

Dave: I'm just waiting for the rest of the Fall's back catalogue to turn up - if they can find a big enough truck.

Ian: I think you're just about right. The only card I got that isn't about football or drinking alludes to violence - should I be worried? Actually, Lachlan and Calum did hand made cards about computer games and squiggly patterns, so it's not all negative.

Vikki said...

There was another box set in One Up but I thought the 91 tracks were enough to be going on with...
I've enjoyed what we've listened to so far. You can borrow them if you like Dave.