Sunday 4 November 2007

Ooooh! Aaaah!

Fireworks are great. As usual, Stonehaven managed to put on a really decent show with a nice big fire (featuring an absolutely brilliant Guy - where did they get that from?) and a whole bunch of fireworks. The kids really enjoyed it, although I think the sparklers were their favourite. I was able to muck about with the camera's "Night" and "Fireworks" settings which produced some fairly decent pics although camera shake is definitely a problem I'll have to work on.

2007-11-04 Bonfire Night

7 comments:

Ian said...

Or...you could buy a tripod.

shanksi said...

I've thinking about getting a gorillapod or something similar for a while. Although, that still wouldn't have been much good last night - I'd have needed something with long legs which I would never be bothered to carry around.

Ian said...

Well, that's the beauty of the gorillapod. You can, in theory, attach it to anything that's already there.

shanksi said...

Yeah, but the most stable thing there was probably Vikki, and I don't think she'd have been too pleased to have a gorillapod clinging to her head.

Jen said...

I was going to suggest what Ian has already suggested, as in my photography class the instructor said night photography can only be done with a tripod. But you did really good without one! Impressive!

So, now, I've got nothing for you.

Ian said...

You could always cut down on the booze. That ought to fix some of the shakes.

shanksi said...

Now, you're just being ridiculous.