Sunday 24 May 2009

Running News

Well, there's been a bit of running going on over the last few days.

On Thursday night, I took part in my first proper hill race, which involved running up a couple of hills in fairly wet and slippery conditions, through bogs, over streams, and between trees. It was hard work and I was up to my knees in manky water at one point, but it was good fun - hopefully I can keep working on my fitness and do more of these runs in the future.

Today, I took the boys to run in the highly prestigious Baker Hughes Fun Run. Calum went off like a bullet, but I got stuck in traffic at the start line and so Magnus was only the second buggy driver to cross the line. Lachlan kept pace with me and Magnus, but could probably have gone quicker if he had felt like it. It was a nice day, so we rewarded ourselves with some ice creams and then went off to find Vikki. She'd obviously been feeling a bit lazy, because she didn't run with us. Some excuse about doing a "Tenkay" where she managed a "Pea-Bee", whatever the hell that means. Results and photos.

4 comments:

Ian said...

Good job Magnus, 2nd isn't bad, might want to look into an alternative team member next time though, grab that gold. Oh, and nice work Vikki! What was your time? Don't have Excel on this computer for the results.

Vikki said...

Hya Ian, my time was 47:26. I was aiming to beat 48 mins so I'm very pleased with that. Felt a bit sick at about 8k, but then if you don't feel sick you aren't running fast enough! So some mad person said anyway...

Fi said...

Well done to the whole family! So is the enthusiasm for running creeping in with the boys or was it non-negotiable?
:-)

shanksi said...

The lure of ice cream was the only thing that got the boys started but they both enjoyed it once we got going - not that they'll admit it, probably.