Monday 18 May 2009

I Need Help

Ok, so that's nothing new, and you're probably thinking "I'm not a qualified psychiatrist", but this is another matter entirely.

Some time ago, I used to wear smart shoes in (and to) work. During the winter months, I started wearing my hiking boots to the office and then changing into the smart shoes when I got there. These days I generally wear these
to work, and when I get to the office, I'll sometimes change into the smart shoes, sometimes leave the Merrels on, and sometimes sit around in my socks depending on how I feel.

So, today I was sitting my socks and it occurred to me that what I really wanted were "Office Slippers" - some sort of footwear that looks smart enough to wear in the office, to meetings, in front of clients etc but that are as comfy and warm as a nice cosy pair of slippers. I had a quick search on the internet but never really found anything that fit the bill, so any ideas folks?

6 comments:

Ian said...

Not that I want to encourage this sort of behaviour, but my Merrel Jungle Moc's are pretty comfortable.

shanksi said...

I had a quick look at the Jungle Mocs and they look like they meet the comfy and quick to slip on criteria.

Not sure if I'd be happy to wear them in a meeting though - the styling of the sole is probably a bit too chunky and outdoorsy.

The kids version look fantastic - Magnus's first outdoor shoes, folks?

Duncan said...

Chelsea boots are the answer - I wear them all the time, just the job (if a tiny bit Dandyish)

shanksi said...

Chelsea boots? I've seen that Frank Lampard bloke and I'm sure his boots wouldn't be appreciated in the office.

Ok, crap obvious joke. The boots idea might not be such a bad one - it means I could get away with forgetting to pack a change of socks in the morning!

Fi said...

Alex has a pair of leather Sketchers that look more like shoes so he gets away with wearing them with jeans or smarter trousers....obviously he doesn't have the same work dilemma but thought I'd mention it.
Fi...xxx

Alex said...

I can recommend these, very comfy!