Saturday 7 March 2009

Mmmmm, Flapjacks

 

Flapjacks are great - they taste good, and they're probably quite good pre-running food, what with the combination of sugary stuff for quick hit energy, and oats for a more slow-release, longer lasting energy. Unfortunately, some of the shop-bought ones aren't that good, and some of the better ones aren't always available at our local supermarket. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make some using the recipe from the Good Housekeeping Guide cooking book (thoroughly recommended), and our Lego cake tray (which had never been used before). The first batch (pictured above) was pretty successful, and the second lot are just out of the oven, so I'd better go and see how they're doing!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jen said...

That's awesome. They even look like Lego's!

I have a fantastic recipe for energy pancakes that Thomas loves to eat before a race. . . They also taste pretty good too.

Good job on the 1/2-marathon run! I'm happy for you! I love doing those runs. Do you?

Fi said...

I sooo want a Lego cake tin! Where did you get it?
Fi...xxx

shanksi said...

Energy pancakes sound great. We'll need to swap recipes, Jen.

The cake mould is available from the online lego shop (http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Leaf.aspx?cn=13&d=443). We also have the ice-cube tray :)

Ian said...

Happy birthday dude! Still 17th here, so I'm in under the gun. Didn't have a chance to log onto facebook and Nikki's account is on the home machine so that's too much grief, luckily I know your comments get e-mailed to you.

shanksi said...

Cheers, Ian.